The Friends are Seeking Board Members
Board Member Requirements:
- Commitment: Minimum of 3 years
- Honor the By-Laws of the Friends
- Attendance: Attendance and full participation at board meetings. Board member is responsible for calling if unable to attend a meeting at least 24 hours prior to the meetings. Quorum is required on any votes, and this will assure quorum is present. Board member is responsible for signing in at the Board Meeting. Minutes will include those members signed in on the attendance sheet.
- Participation: Active participation on a committee they may choose
- Contribution: Board is all in - each member is expected to dedicate time to the work of the Friends in addition to regular meeting attendance, pay a yearly (appropriate category) membership fee and make additional financial contributions if feasible, as well as find ways to solicit support for the Friends including monetary, in-kind and pro bono support.
- Volunteering: Volunteer commitment in some capacity annually through all of the following events: John Cotton Dana Lecture, Book Sale; Special events hosted by the Friends or the Library; etc. Prior Board member involved on a non-profit board preferred.
For further information contact Daniel Kitchen at 973-820-3262